Built with guidance from the blind and low-vision community, Lookout supports Google’s mission to make the world’s information universally accessible to everyone.
Lookout has five modes for a variety of activities:
• NEW: Use Food Label mode (beta) to quickly identify packaged foods by their label, in addition to scanning barcodes. Available in 20 countries.
• NEW: Read a whole page of text with Scan Document mode. Take a snapshot of a document, and Lookout will scan the text, so that it can be read aloud by your screen reader or magnified on your phone.
• Use Quick Read mode to quickly skim text and hear it read aloud — for doing things like sorting mail.
• Use Currency mode to identify U.S. banknotes quickly and reliably.
• Explore mode (beta) offers information about objects in your surroundings.
Lookout is available in English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish on all Android devices running Android 6 and above, with more than 2GB of RAM.
Learn more about Lookout in the Help Center: