The GCam or Google Camera APK is now available to download for G8 ThinQ built by Urnyx05. This build of Google Camera APK (GCam APK) for G8 ThinQ is the latest one and has all the features working. This is just a port of GCam APK and not the actual stock Google Camera that is available on Google Pixel phones.
Google Camera is known for it’s HDR+, Portrait mode, Night sight mode, Astrophotography mode, Google lens integration etc. which are exclusive to the Google’s Pixel camera app. No other camera app has a match to these features. Google Camera is only available for Google Pixel devices but developers have ported the same to other devices as well and that is why we have the GCam APK available for G8 ThinQ phone.
So let’s check out the working features of this build, how to download and install the GCam apk on G8 ThinQ in the below sections!
About this GCam for G8 ThinQ:
- This GCam is for devices running Android Pie and up.
- This GCam APK for G8 ThinQ is a port of Google Camera 7.0.009 with astrophotography.
- This build of GCam for G8 ThinQ does not support xml configuration file.
How to Install the Google Camera APK on G8 ThinQ?
- Download the GCam apk from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on G8 ThinQ.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on G8 ThinQ Google Camera 7.0
By default the astrophotography mode is not enabled on this Google camera 7.0 for G8 ThinQ. Few settings need to be enabled. Before you proceed to enable any settings, just a heads up: from Google Camera 7.0 onward the settings is moved under Quick settings pull down menu.
Settings to enable astrophotography mode
- Open Settings
- Scroll down and click on About modification
- Then go to Developer Settings (Keep in mind that This developer setting is different than the Android’s developer settings)
- On the next screen search for "cuttle". All the cuttle related settings will be filtered.
- Now enable or check all the boxes for following options
- Now, force stop the Google camera app and restart it.
- Now, to capture photo in astrophotography mode; follow the next instructions.
How to capture photos in astrophotography mode?
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
That’s all for the G8 ThinQ’s Google camera. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for G8 ThinQ.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for G8 ThinQ. Below forum will have all available working Google Camera for G8 ThinQ.