Many versions of Google Camera or GCam for Mi A3 is available to download which is built by BSG, cstark27 and Parrot043. The Mi A3 GCam ports bring Night Sight, Astrophotography and many other features to the phone.
Available Versions of Google Camera for Mi A3
Below are the compatible or working versions of GCam for Mi A3:
- GCam 8.1 (Latest Version)
- GCam 7.4
- GCam 7.3
- GCam 6.3
The GCam 8.1 for Mi A3 is now available which has multi mode stabilization, seamless zoom feature and seamless slow motion, audio zoom etc. But in the initial versions, all of the features might not be available or might not be working at all.
The GCam 7.4 has brought better Night Sight, Astrophotography mode on Mi A3 along with other features like HDR+, portrait mode etc. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android 10, and Android 11 (may be).
Status of this Mi A3 Google Camera
– Almost everything
– Motion photos (Disable this option otherwise the google camera will crash) [on GCam 6.3]
How to Install Google Camera on Mi A3?
- Download a GCam APK from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
- Start the Google camera app and enjoy ultimate mobile photography on Mi A3.
Default settings for Mi A3 Google Camera (GCam 6.3)
Just disable the motion photos option and then all is good.
Rest assured, everything is fine on this GCam mod of Mi A3 and no other settings you need to touch.
How to capture photos in astrophotography mode?
Google Camera 7 comes with Astrophotography mode by default, so there is no settings that needs to be enabled. But to capture photos in astrophotography mode, certain conditions to be met after which the mode is enabled automatically.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
- It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
- The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
- There must be low light condition
- It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Mi A3. This page will always have all available working Google Camera for Mi A3.